The Namibian Government and private sector are seeking partners in realising identified viable projects and business opportunities on a mutually beneficial basis.
• Direct private investment
• Joint venture
• Public-private partnership
Why invest in Namibia?
• Peace, stability and good governance
• First world road, rail and air infrastructure
• Excellent telecommunications network
• Wide inter-continental market access
• Liberal investment regime
• Stable labour environment
• Generous investment regimes
• Fast, efficient and transparent bureaucracy
• Low inflation
• Stable foreign exchange reserves
• Strategically located, low cost and efficient port
• Young and trainable labour force
• Good housing and recreational facilities
Potential areas for Business and Investment in Namibia:
Agriculture and Agro-industry
• Investment opportunities exist in value-added local processing of livestock, ostrich farming, crop production and food processing.
• Good prospects exist for extensive horticulture, such as grapes, olive oil, jojoba and cut flowers.
• Cotton production and establishment of a cotton ginnery.
Please click here for a list of current Investment Projects in Agriculture (as of September 2010)
Mining and Energy
• Extensive mineral deposits
• Diamonds, uranium, gold, copper, lead, zinc and other base metals
• Semi-precious stones and many types of dimension stones.
• Value-addition encouraged
• Manufacturing (jewelry)
• Good prospects for oil and gas prospecting, exploration and processing.
• Namibia has rich marine resources and fishing grounds:
• Mariculture and aquaculture potential exist
• Opportunities exist for fish processing and canning.
• Spectacular scenery and wildlife
• Excellent infrastructure, warm climate and friendly atmosphere
• Opportunities in the development of up-market hotels, International conference centres, lodges, game parks, traveling and general hospitality industry
Opportunities abound in these areas as well:
• Cutting and polishing of precious and semi-precious stones, marbles and granites
• Leather products
• Glass products
• Manufacturing of pharmaceutical products
• Down-stream processing of gas
• Cement manufacturing
• Steel manufacturing
• Textiles and garments manufacturing
• Household appliances
• Electric and electronic components assembly
• Manufacturing of automotive components
• Construction and physical infrastructure development
• IT (hard and software assembly/manufacturing)
• Poultry and piggery
• Cotton production and ginnery
• Hotel and restaurants
• Upmarket tourism development
• Manufacturing of plastic products
• Manufacturing of building materials
• Furniture assembly